Friday, January 28, 2011

Headstart

For those of you who know me, you know I volunteer for Headstart. http://www.headstart-slcap.org/
I started getting involved a few years back by sitting on their bloom committee and doing photography for invites and programs for the fundraiser and the last two years I've been donating my photographs to their website. This year I'm working with an ad team for marketing, brochures, etc. It's such an awesome organization and everytime I photograph the kiddos, I'm awestruck by their resilience, humor, love and absolute trust in letting me into their lives and hearts even for just a few hours.
I'm heading out this following week to get new photos and am looking forward to seeing these sweet kids again. I'm also embarking on a longer project following some families in the program and hoping that will be mutually rewarding. Here are a few of last year's photos.











0 comments:

Post a Comment