Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Photo Tip of the Day-Keep it simple


Back in the day, one of my favorite photography teachers used to affectionately yell out to her students "Keep it SIMPLE, stupid"!
What it has meant to me is to narrow my focus. Don't try to do too much. Decide what you want to photograph and try to capure it in the simplest way possible. Only include what adds to the photo, avoid everything that doesn't. When there is too much going on, the viewer won't know where to look or what you're trying to communicate. Busy photos are really tough to pull off well. Until you know how, stick to keeping it simple, stupid.

5 comments:

The Bawdens said...

Jo I love your Blog. I have fond the love for photography and love any tips you have!!!THANKS

ShutterbugMama said...

Becky...YAY, so glad you found your way here. I plan on posting tips as often as I can and hopefully interesting things about photography that you and others may enjoy.

Wendles said...

This photo is a perfect example of that idea and very feng shui. Hey can that be a photo concept. Those would be awesome printed notecards. Start getting on that project of notecard making, just one more thing to add to the rest you are doing. It's really PLEASENT.
Keep it simple swede.....A .K. A.: KISS. Being that you're a sweed I wasn't sure if you had
heard that before even though you are more in the know with American history, culture and
slang that 95% of the world. Did I low ball that?
Okay 97% got to give you something to aim
for. Looking forward to all you have to share. #1 fan

ShutterbugMama said...

Ah, took me a moment to figure out it was you:). What would I do without my #1 fan? I'd be lost.

Miss Hermelin said...

Fin blogg Johanna!

Köpte precis min första DSLR för att dokumentera det lilla underverket, så kul att kunna läsa om lite fototips!

kram

Post a Comment