Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Moab Half Marathon

I'm leaving for Moab tomorrow. 
Running my very first half-marathon on Saturday and I'm getting a little nervous.
My training has been so-so. Never made it farther than 9 miles. Knees got a bit sore last week so I decided to take it easy until the race. Just a couple of short runs. I hope it works and that I make it the 13.1 miles. People need to STOP telling me horror stories involving cramps, injuries and poop. I know you mean well but really...you're not helping!

On a lighter note, the scenery of the course looks amazing, so I'll have to stop myself from making photo breaks along the way (lovely excuse for rest, I know). 

The race website discourages you from using mp3 players and headphones. Hmm...there is no way I can make it without my music...it is literally what keeps me on pace and from laying down and taking a nap on the pavement. I'd rather get run down by racers I can't hear than miss out on my favorite tunes. They'll have to pry it from my cold hands:).
I'm betting I'll be slow enough that no one will care.
So, I'll be off the blog for a few days. Wish me luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for a beautiful race filled with music, energy and clean pants!
Cheers,
Johanna


0 comments:

Post a Comment