Monday, March 28, 2011

Moab Half Marathon II

Joined by thousands of runners in one body of thumping feet, I ran my first half marathon.
13.1 windy miles down a beautiful canyon with sand in my eyes and adrenaline in my blood.
Mile 1-4 ...a blur of people, crazy running styles, dropped cell phones, flyaway hats.
Mile 6 ... a bear. Side-splitting ache--impossible...but it passed.
Mile 7-10 ... on a cloud, greeted at end by Japanese drummers. Elated! Smiled at a photographer.
Mile 11-12.9 ... Where the hell was the finish line?
Mile 13-13.1... running through quicksand, each step an eternity. 

In the end, I made it.
Chip time 1:59:44. 
My impatient 7-year-olds exclaimed: "What took you so long Mom"?




The view at the start, looking behind me.


The view at the start, looking ahead.


quicksand....


Reward!

0 comments:

Post a Comment